Preventing bad breath often requires numerous treatments. This is because it is difficult to determine the exact cause of your bad breath. Because of the numerous causes of bad breath that can occur, even some that are underlying deep within your body, you should practice prevention and treatment techniques to help keep your smile clean. Here are a few suggestions:
– Mouthwash has been known to help kill bacteria and neutralize odors associated with bad breath.
– Oral hygiene, including brushing and flossing daily, is effective against bad breath.
– Your tongue is often a haven for bacteria to thrive, so it was important to make sure you clean your tongue on a daily basis as well. You can do so with a toothbrush or a tongue scraper.
– If you have dentures, always make sure you clean your dentures as they can easily become contaminated and house bacteria that contribute to bad breath.
– Saliva flow is essential for a clean mouth and a lower risk for bad breath.
– Healthy habits such as smoking can lead to bad breath.
– A lack of visits to your dentist can give rise to bad breath.
If you require halitosis treatments in Los Alamos, New Mexico, Dr. Rachel Meyer, DDS would love to assist you. For a thorough examination to determine which treatment will work best for you, you can set an appointment with Dr. Rachel Meyer by calling our dentist office at 505-662-3163.