What are the best tooth extraction recovery tips? Before and after a tooth extraction, always set up an effective plan to prepare your body and home for any perils that can arise. Additionally, make sure to stop any bad habits, such as smoking before and after the surgery, to certify the highest chance of success and to minimize any risks that come along with tooth extractions.
Listed below are some ideal treatment methods for healing after a tooth extraction:
– Oftentimes, the anesthesia will make eating or drinking problematic, so to avoid choking, do not eat anything before the anesthesia wears off.
– If any issues should arise during your recovery, contact your dentist as soon as you can.
– Take any medications exactly as prescribed by your dentist and should any aching persist, do not increase the dosage, but instead, contact your dentist.
– Swelling is common in your face and mouth, so prepare ice packs to minimize inflammation.
– Get plenty of rest and avoid all categories of strenuous labor and exercise so that your body has a chance to heal.
– Listen to the guidelines laid out by your dentist and follow them as instructed.
No matter the needs you require from your smile, our team at Dr. Rachel Meyer, DDS can help. Dr. Rachel Meyer and our team can give you a comprehensive oral examination to determine which oral health care treatments are best for you and your oral health care needs. To schedule a visit to our dentist office in Los Alamos, New Mexico, call us at 505-662-3163. Come see us, and let us show you the benefits of a better smile today!